Saturday, December 10, 2016

Week #16

One thing that is worth remembering for me was during the summer. I got to show this beautiful smoky colored calf and her name was Sterling. Some people think it’s weird to be close with your farm animals and know their personality. I on the other hand think it’s a great thing to do. I wasn't so sure about halter breaking (getting used to being on a halter) and showing a baby but I went through with it. Over the time that we spent with each other I got to know a lot about her and I could tell when her good and bad days were. Going to fair with a calf that has never been there is always challenging at first because they aren’t used to it. The fairs that I went to with my calf this past year are defiantly worth remembering. We got first in our division at the Wisconsin State fair and we had a blast. I don’t think I will ever forget that memory from this year.

1 comment: